Vaginoplasty without vaginal cavity
Vaginoplasty without vaginal cavity is the surgical procedure to create female genitalia that look as natural as possible, but without creating a vaginal cavity.
The decision to undergo a vaginoplasty with or without a vaginal cavity is a personal one, and must be made in accordance with your needs and expectations.
Our team of surgeons uses the same surgical technique as that used in a vaginoplasty, but without constructing a vaginal cavity. Vaginoplasty without vaginal cavity is done in one surgery including the autograft of a neurovascular flap of the glans that will serve to create a sensitive clitoris. By improving this technique, Dr. Brassard has redefined the standards of vaginoplasty, earning GrS Montréal consideration as one of the world’s best centres in the field of male-to-female gender affirming surgery.
Vaginoplasty without vaginal cavity surgery can be performed at the same time as other procedures.
- A clitoris made with the sensitive skin of the glans;
- A clitoral hood;
- A vulva equipped with labia majora and minora;
- Clitoral erogenous zones with the possibility of sexual pleasure.
During the procedure, the surgeon will:
- Remove the scrotal skin;
- Remove the testicles;
- Dissect the internal structures of the penis taking care to separate the urethra, the corpus cavernosum, and at the same time release a flap consisting of blood vessels and nerve endings:
- The corpus cavernosa will be removed;
- Some of the blood vessels and nerve endings will be released to create the clitoris. A cone-shaped piece of skin will be taken directly from the glans to form the clitoris. The clitoris will be positioned and fixed. The urethra will be dissected; the remaining tissue will be preserved to line the inside of the labia minora, providing a more natural result than if a skin graft was used;
- Create the labia majora.
*A vaginoplasty without vaginal cavity is an option if you have had a prostatectomy following prostate cancer.
Benefits of this surgical technique:
- A surgical technique in one single surgery;
- The use of existing tissue to construct the minutiae of the vulva (labia majora and minora,clitoris, clitoral hood) eliminates strain on the tissue forming the new genitals.
* The appearance of the genitals will be very different from person to person. Some people have a more rounded mons pubis, less protruding clitoris, fuller labia majora, or labia minora of varying sizes.
During your convalescence, you will be provided with the document Information and Postoperative Care – Vaginoplasty without vaginal cavity. This document contains your surgeon’s instructions and will serve as a guide.
Download the documentInformation and Postoperative Care – Vaginoplasty without vaginal cavity.
Average length of the procedure
Admission to the CMC
Convalescence at Asclépiade
Convalescence at home
Return to physical activities and sports
|1hr30||The day of the surgery||Regional or General||
2 nights postoperatively
|4 nights postoperatively||4 weeks||6 to 8 weeks|
|Medical follow-ups and appointments: Asclépiade provides personalized postoperative follow-ups to all patients. You will be getting a follow-up appointment with your surgeon one month after your surgery. If you cannot come to your appointment, your attending physician can follow-up with our surgeons by contacting the Asclépiade.|