Vaginoplasty without vaginal cavity
Vaginoplasty without vaginal cavity is a surgical procedure that provides the most natural external female genitalia possible, but without creating a vaginal cavity.
The decision to undergo a vaginoplasty with or without a vaginal cavity is a personal one, and must be made in accordance with your needs and expectations.
Our team of surgeons uses the same surgical technique as that used in a vaginoplasty, but without constructing a vaginal cavity. Vaginoplasty without vaginal cavity is done in one surgery including the autograft of a neurovascular flap of the glans that will serve to create a sensitive clitoris. By improving this technique, Dr. Brassard has redefined the standards of vaginoplasty, earning GRS Montréal consideration as one of the world’s best centres in the field of male-to-female gender affirming surgery.
Vaginoplasty without vaginal cavity surgery can be performed at the same time as other procedures.
- A clitoris made with the sensitive skin of the glans;
- A clitoral hood;
- A vulva equipped with labia minora;
- Clitoral erogenous zones with the possibility of sexual pleasure.
During the procedure, the surgeon will:
- Remove the scrotal skin;
- Remove the testicles;
- Dissect the internal structures of the penis taking care to separate the urethra, the corpus cavernosum, and at the same time release a flap consisting of blood vessels and nerve endings:
- The corpus cavernosa will be removed;
- The distal end of the retained flap, in the form of a “custom-made” island, will be removed directly from the glans to form the clitoris. The size of the clitoris can therefore be adjusted according to the patient’s preference. The flap and the clitoris will be positioned and fixed;
- The urethra will be dissected; the remaining tissue will be preserved to coat the inside of the labia minora, providing a more natural result than with a skin graft.
- Create the labia majora.
*A vaginoplasty without vaginal cavity is an option if you have had a prostatectomy following prostate cancer.
Benefits of this surgical technique:
- A surgical technique in one single surgery;
- The use of existing tissue to construct the minutiae of the vulva (labia, clitoris, clitoral hood) eliminates strain on the tissue forming the new genitals.
* Due to multiple factors that are unique to each individual, results may vary from one person to another. Be assured that our surgical team works with each patient individually to achieve the best results possible. In some cases, our surgeons can offer a corrective surgery if certain results do not meet your expectations.
During your convalescence, you will be provided with the document Information and Postoperative Care – Vaginoplasty without vaginal cavity. This document contains your surgeon’s instructions and will serve as a guide.
Download the document Information and Postoperative Care – Vaginoplasty without vaginal cavity.
Average length of the procedure
Admission to the CMC
Convalescence at Asclépiade
Convalescence at home
Return to physical activities and sports
|1hr30||The day of the surgery||Regional or General||
2 nights postoperatively
|4 nights postoperatively||4 weeks||6 to 8 weeks|
|Medical follow-ups and appointments: Asclépiade provides personalized postoperative follow-ups to all patients. You will be getting a follow-up appointment with your surgeon one month after your surgery. If you cannot come to your appointment, your attending physician can follow-up with our surgeons by contacting the Asclépiade.|